The Crimson Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crimson Empire

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Revan Neferis

Revan Neferis

Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles] Empty
PostSubject: Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles]   Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:00 am

Greetings.

With time I'll be setting here some specific roles to which I'd like to find competent players to have it, here at the Empire.
One that can come to mind immediately is the role of the Official Scribe. To this we will follow the ancient Egyptian model:

Along with the higher ranking priests and some of the educated dignitaries, the scribes were the intellectuals of Ancient Egypt. They occupied the upper rungs of the social ladder to the very top, and enjoyed due recognition accordingly.
The scribes were well aware of their status and guarded their professional secrets jealously. They were the managers who gave orders, checked results, took records, granted or withheld permission. The ordinary Egyptian turned to them for all kinds of help, from drawing up a will or a marriage contract to simply reading and writing letters.
The occupation of a scribe was usually passed down from father to son. Few members of any other profession managed to penetrate the group. The scribes were meticulous record keepers noting down every possible transaction.
Army scribes kept all records of recruits, stores, weapons and pay. Many scribes became officers and went on to join the general staff, where battle tactics were decided.
Scribes were responsible for writing out the spells on the walls of tombs before they were carved and painted by the craftsmen. As the craftsmen usually couldn't read, it was essential that the head scribe checked over the work that had been done to make sure it was correct.

The priests who worked in the temples were also scribes. It was necessary to be able to read the instructions for the many religious rituals that they had to perform. These instructions could be written on papyrus scrolls or carved onto the temple walls.

----

We'll be adapting this to the Empire lore. Basically, I'm seeking a player to fill this role, which will be to keep records on the Empire, write the Empire lores with passion and exaltation "Bringing the glory of the Empire to the outer realms". This character will also be responsible to write biography about Empire officers.
On my post , revelations, Revan has started to set a model of interviews with a character named Alain. This character will become her personal scribe, making a detailed journal of her ways, moods, modus operandi, etc. as a personal scribe for the Pharaoh in comparison.

For this role, I want a player with complete understanding of ooc and ic boundaries as it will require to be at Revan's company quite often and understand her eccentricities and insanity fevers, using it to maximise the beauty of the lore. A player that loves to write and can spend a good amount of time with it, also must have good communication skills and understand the rules of good role play, not invading or using other peoples character without their consent and permission.

contact me privately if you think you could fit this role.
Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles]   Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:46 am

This could be connected with the Empire Certified News
Back to top Go down
Revan Neferis

Revan Neferis

PostSubject: Re: Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles]   Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:31 am

M Levian wrote:
This could be connected with the Empire Certified News

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles]   Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:52 am

I could give it a try Revan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles]   Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire role players needed [Specific pre set roles]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crimson Empire :: The Crimson Empire OOC :: The Crimson Empire player Introduction-
Jump to: