The Crimson Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crimson Empire

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduction to the Cosmos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
M Levian

M Levian

Introduction to the Cosmos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:28 am

Very cool, thanks for bringing it here! bro. You should visit our ooc forum sometime, we have full sub forums dedicated to sciences.

Talking about it, I'll hang on the line here and bring to Empire Forum that awesome series that I couldn't resist posting there. Knowledge is never too much after all and I'm a fan of the guy.

Carl Sagan brings us the Cosmos, everything that ever was and ever will be, in an approach that is easily accessible even for those of us that are not science wizards. This series covers everything from the history of astronomy, the challenges it faced at its creation, how the universe was created and how it all might end, to the evolution of life on Earth, and the nature of the human brain.

First aired in 1980 as a 13 part series, it has been broadcast in 60 countries and has been seen by an estimated 500 million to 1 billion viewers worldwide.

The series was awarded an Emmy and a Peabody Award.

Introduction

Galaxies - The Local Group - The Milky Way

Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:33 am

Neptune - Pluto - Uranus - Saturn - Jupiter - Asteroid Belt - Mars - Earth - Life

The age of the universe condensed to a calendar year

Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 am

Overview of Evolution

Next I'll jump to bring the one interesting to infinity ( if you want the whole series, let me know and I'll post on another thread)

Calculating the Size of the Earth

Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:39 am

Constellations Over Millions of Years

Origin of the Solar System

Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:39 am

Life & Death of Stars

Back to top Go down
Xargh

Xargh

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Marcus, thanks for bringing this on, really interesting movies. I would love to see whole series, so if you could post it somewhere it would be great.

thanks Bro!
X.
Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:18 am

Xargh wrote:
Marcus, thanks for bringing this on, really interesting movies. I would love to see whole series, so if you could post it somewhere it would be great.

thanks Bro!
X.

Not a problem, I'll get some time free this afternoon and bring the other videos we have there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to the Cosmos   Introduction to the Cosmos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1