The Crimson Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crimson Empire

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings from FedCom

Go down 
+5
Parfum Exotiqué
Revan Neferis
Ludvig Von S
Peter Hirsh
MoTiV
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MoTiV

Greetings from FedCom Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:11 am

Name: MoTiV
Title: Hegemon - Sovereign Leader of FedCom
IPO: Federated Commonwealth of Colonies
4 Members

First, my apologies for such delayed communications as there were circumstances beyond my control which were in need of my attention. Second, I'd like to thank you for your diplomatic invitation and congratulate you on a very fine communication relay.

I must say that I've reviewed most of your communications and noticed that you have only contacted the most populated public IPOs thus far established. So I was very surprised when I received your diplomatic invitation. Seeing as how FedCom has only emerged very recently I did not expect to be on your radar. Be that as it may, here we are. To understand FedCom and why I have created it I would like to share with you an excerpt from my personal journal describing my escape from the rebellion on my home world, Erethon, which took place shortly after my Coming of Age Ceremony and slightly before the infertility pandemic was discovered.

Destruction of Erethon

Damn explosion, my ears are still ringing, I know Coleman is yelling at me to keep moving, but I can’t breathe, there's too much smoke and I can’t hold my breath any longer, I’m going to pass out. I wish I could see, the ash in the smoke is burning my eyes, I think I ran out of tears. I’m trying my best but I have no sense of direction, he’s just going to have to drag me.

Is that gunfire? Shit, they must have taken rifles off the guards. I hope Davyn and Vanek are already in the shuttle.

Something feels different, a breeze, we must be outside.

We stopped and took cover. Feeling a burst of air hit my face I exhaled spontaneously and inhaled as deep as I could. Felt good to breathe again, there was still a lot of smoke in the air but nothing compared to the air inside the palace. The ash started burning my throat and making me cough incessantly.

Damn, that was stupid, I should have known better. At least I’m starting to see and hear again.

Coleman was yelling to someone. They responded, “All clear.”

It sounds like Janson. Looks like we’re going to make it, I knew we would.

Coleman grabbed me, “You good?”

I looked up and nodded. Coleman turned back towards the palace and started to shoot into the smoke and remarked, “Alright, get ready.”

Turning back towards the shuttle platform, Coleman yelled to Janson, “Cover us!”

He grabbed my shoulder jolting me to my feet and towards the platform simultaneously. I moved my legs as fast as I could but it wasn’t fast enough for Coleman. He kept pushing me from behind as he fired his rifle one-handed behind us.

We made our way through the smoke and I could see Janson and Kocak in position at the bottom of the platform. They seemed to be providing enough cover fire to stop the angry mob momentarily from coming any closer.

Coleman ushered me into the shuttle and practically shoved me into my seat. I looked around but no one was in here, only the pilot.

Inquisitively I asked, “Where is everybody?”

Ignoring my question Coleman reached into my seat and pulled out the safety harness, “Strap yourself in and hold tight.”

I stopped rubbing my eyes so I could connect the harness; I fumbled with the clasp until I heard it click.

Coleman peered out the window at Janson and Kocak. Coleman purposely blocked the window so only he could see the situation developing outside.

I knew he wasn’t telling me something. It has to be bad, but it was pointless trying to get it out of him. I wonder where my family is and why didn’t they wait for me? Maybe the Imperial Guards wouldn’t let them.

I looked up curiously at Coleman who was still peering out the window, “What about you?”

As he stood up Coleman reloaded his rifle.

I read the Imperial Guard motto on his shoulder “Non Sibi, Sed Patriae”.

He started towards the door.

“Looks like Janson needs my help.” Coleman knelt down and popped off a few rounds into the incoming crowd.

Still shaken and confused my voice trembled, “Aren’t you coming?”

Coleman turned to me and for a moment the intensity which I thought was permanently chiseled on his face disappeared. The fire in his eyes cooled, a slight smile emerged and with the softest voice I’ve ever heard uttered out of his mouth he replied, “Not this time.”

In the time it took me to blink the intensity returned fiercer than ever. The fire in his eyes burned brighter than the flames engulfing the Imperial Palace.

Coleman yelled, “Get this bird in the air!”

The pilot nodded and initiated launch procedures and we started to lift off.

Coleman hit the landing door button and the door began to retract. He leapt out onto the platform and made his way towards Janson. I looked out and saw Kocak slumped over the barrier and Janson shooting furiously at the incoming forces.

Those aren’t civilians, those are BioTeK security officers. Davyn was right; this was more than just a riot, it’s a rebellion. There’s no way BioTeK could do this by themselves, they have to have help. My father will not stand for these traitorous acts; they will pay for their insolence.

Coleman took up Kocak’s position and picked off the closest of the incoming troops.

The shuttle began to take off blowing away the smoke revealing an entire platoon of BioTeK troops encroaching towards Coleman and Janson. Janson reloaded his rifle and rose up to fire and was immediately hit. His head jolted up towards the sky, the blood seemed to erupt from his forehead like a volcano. His body fell backwards and awkwardly laid motionless.

Coleman did not hesitate, he continued to fire at the enemy until he was out of ammo. He took cover, back against the enemy, he threw down his rifle, and his hand disappeared into his uniform. We were too far off the ground for me to see what he pulled out but I didn’t have to see.

In Omnina Paratus,” the motto of the Viturian Special Forces, the most prominent of the numerous tattoos that riddled his upper body. Since I was old enough to start my weapons training I saw it across his chest. A motto which was more than words to Coleman and the men he served with.

As we started to pull away from the ground the smoke crept over the platform. I could barely see Coleman and the enemy forces closing in on him. He looked up at me and though I couldn’t see it I knew the intensity engraved in his face disappeared for the last time.

The smoke enveloped the entire ground beneath us leaving nothing exposed. I stared down towards Coleman’s position knowing what was about to happen. An explosion from Coleman’s position made the smoke clear once more making visible a graveyard of strewn bodies and body parts which was quickly buried for a final time by the smoke.

Coleman and his men gave their lives for me and I will never forget their sacrifice.

We rose above the flames and smoke that were consuming the palace only to be witness to the entire capital city ablaze. Flames reached into the air seemingly trying to ignite the sky on fire. Smoke ran through the streets of the city devouring everything in its path.

As we entered the lower atmosphere it appeared as though all of Erethon was being swallowed into the Abyss. Fire lit the night sky as far as the eye could see; engulfing the cities of man, destroying what took centuries to build.

Eventually the flames would burn out; the smoke would rise into the sky and free the city from its grasp. Eventually the rain will rinse the blood away, and the land will swallow the bodies of the dead. Buildings will be rebuilt and people will rejoice when the Viturian Empire will reign once more.

The entire Royal Family, except for myself, was killed that day my Father, Mother, and two older brothers, Davyn and Vanek. Erethon fell into a state of ruin which it has yet to free itself from. The Companies thought they could place atop the government their own faux emporer but they didn't expect such stern resistance from the Viturian military. They've been battling for control ever since with no discernable winner and with the public announcement of the pandemic Nemesis X6-Y3 the entire empire has fallen into disarray with no hope of ever restoring itself to it's former glory.

Loyalists of the Royal Family are few and far between but I am gathering them slowly. I will make sure that greed and self-interest is not tolerated to any degree and protect my followers from any force which desires to disrupt their pursuit of happiness.

The Viturian Phoenix has arisen anew to fulfill the Dresden Prophecy, to lead humanity out of The Darkness and to herald in a New Age of Mankind. Anyone who shares our ideals and goals are welcome to join us. Those who wish to harm us or disrupt our pursuits will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

It is my hope that we may come to an amicable understanding as I feel we could be of assistance to each other. If not, then may our warriors fight to the death with honor and courage so that they will meet once more in the Halls of Elysium where they will drink, rejoice, and sing songs of praise of each other for Eternity.

-MoTiV
Back to top Go down
Peter Hirsh

Peter Hirsh

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:16 am

MoTiV wrote:
Name: MoTiV
Title: Hegemon - Sovereign Leader of FedCom
IPO: Federated Commonwealth of Colonies
4 Members

First, my apologies for such delayed communications as there were circumstances beyond my control which were in need of my attention. Second, I'd like to thank you for your diplomatic invitation and congratulate you on a very fine communication relay.

Welcome MoTiV, nice introduction. First good effort I've seen put on story development from a corp here, very nice reading and interesting concept. Numbers means nothing much to us, we need numbers only to the ones we will shoot and we well know by now that quality comes in a different taste.
I hope that you and the Sovereign will find a good agreement to the enjoyment of both parts.
Back to top Go down
Ludvig Von S

Ludvig Von S

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:18 am

hello, welcome.

I like the way it starts, it reminds me a bit of Dune. Is it your intention to bring Dune concepts to Infinity? Also, could you please tell us more about your ideologies, politics and faith?
Back to top Go down
MoTiV

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Ludvig Von S wrote:
hello, welcome.

I like the way it starts, it reminds me a bit of Dune. Is it your intention to bring Dune concepts to Infinity? Also, could you please tell us more about your ideologies, politics and faith?

Dune might have influenced me indirectly but I did not do so purposefully. Now that you mention it I do see some similarities. I didn't not base the backstory on anything, I was just attempting to establish my blood heritage which gives me authority to rule as Hegemon, along with hinting at a warrior prince concept and also imply the type of dedication I am looking for in members.

I reference the Battletech Universe a lot, mainly in our military structure. Other than that I don't reference any other concepts as of yet.

Ideology

I see FedCom as a sanctuary for those who wish to conduct their business in peace. We will establish our own sector of space and use our military to protect it from outsiders. Although we have our own industry which will support our military we prefer to attract smaller specialized IPOs into our space who will work together which will translate into economic progress for all.

FedCom has a Royal Charter in which all specialized IPOs (Members) will agree to sign and adhere to before they are allowed to join. Each member is represented in our government in some proportional aspect and they will discuss and vote on matters concerning FedCom and it's best interests but the Hegemon has final say in all matters.

As far as war goes if it is in the best interest for FedCom and the war proposal is agreed upon in a supermajority vote in the Senate Council and approved by the Hegemon then FedCom will go to war.

Quite frankly FedCom is a military force which protects its members and their businesses from those wishing to cause trouble. Smaller IPOs with an inability to maintain a strong military force can join FedCom and come into 0.0 FedCom space and set up operations.

Faith

There were 2 main faiths in the Viturian Empire, Soleri and Ossi. Although they have their differences they were both rooted with the same past. These differences were exploited by a corporate cabal which led to the assassination of the Soleri Religious Leader and the assassination of the Royal Family. One common belief shared by each faith is the Dresden Prophecy. The Dresden Prophecy predates any religious concept in the Viturian Empire. It states that at a critical point in human existence the Viturian Empire will be consumed by flames and out of the ashes will rise again like the Phoenix and save humanity from extinction. All of humanity will rejoice and the Viturian Empire will lead Man into a Golden Age which will last for 10,000 years.

I myself am not religious and feel that the only way for humanity to survive is to work together and stop the in-fighting. However, I have very devout followers who believe I am the one spoken about in the Dresden Prophecy which will lead them to salvation.

I hope I have answered all your questions adequately.

Now may I ask what are your ideologies, politics, and fatih?
Back to top Go down
Revan Neferis

Revan Neferis

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:06 am

Greetings from the Empire.

ooc

As some of my members have stated, you do bring interesting concepts. Unfortunately my times has been very restricted this week, which hopefully will get better after the weekend. By then, and after reading more of your interactions with our members here, we'll be able to reach a common approach towards diplomatic stances between our Alliances.
At the moment, FEDcom is set as Red at Crimson Empire diplomatic chart.

Regarding your questions about our Politics and Religion, I'll address you to the best source, our Prime fiction publications. There you will find a good deal of information on this aspect.

Politics: The Crimson Empire Protocols here:

http://crimsonempire.web-rpg.org/the-crimson-empire-crystal-carbon-libray-f11/the-crimson-empire-official-prime-fiction-the-empire-protocols-t28.htm

Religion: The Archaeus of Blood ( Our religious pursuit)

http://crimsonempire.web-rpg.org/the-crimson-empire-crystal-carbon-libray-f11/the-crimson-empire-official-prime-fiction-the-archaeus-of-god-t20.htm

And also Religion: The Veil Sermons ( religious concepts and codes which we advocate)

http://crimsonempire.web-rpg.org/the-crimson-empire-crystal-carbon-libray-f11/the-crimson-empire-official-prime-fiction-the-religion-of-the-empire-t79.htm#498
Back to top Go down
Parfum Exotiqué

Parfum Exotiqué

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:54 am

MoTiV wrote:
Dune might have influenced me indirectly but I did not do so purposefully. Now that you mention it I do see some similarities.

It's almost an identical concept, including the lore of the prophesy.

But there's one thing that you'll never be able to copy: We control the spice! Cool

Welcome
Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 pm

Parfum Exotiqué wrote:
MoTiV wrote:
Dune might have influenced me indirectly but I did not do so purposefully. Now that you mention it I do see some similarities.

It's almost an identical concept, including the lore of the prophesy.

But there's one thing that you'll never be able to copy: We control the spice! Cool

Welcome

And who controls the spice, controls the Universe!

yes, It's full Dune.
Back to top Go down
MoTiV

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:17 pm

I knew I liked Dune but I never thought it would influence my RP so much. You mention the prophecy and now I see how it is very Dune like. I thought for sure if anything influenced my writing it would be the Battletech Universe. Pretty weird considering I haven't seen Dune in years, I did love it when I saw it though, original, not remake. No, I never read the book. (I hope this isn't grounds for war affraid )

I must congratulate you on your ability to attract so many devout followers. It is my hope to find one or two such followers to become my Loremaster and Oathmaster.

I have read about your politics and religion and I am quite intrigued. It seems as though you reject those who are weak minded and those who seek to keep humanity in chains. Also, you seek to destroy those who keep others in ignorance so that they may hold power over them. These concepts are in agreement with our own.

A bit about our faith.

Throughout the Viturian Empire there were 2 main religions Soleri and Ossi; both of which are branches of an ancient faith called Budhi. The primary concepts of Budhi are that knowledge is enlightenment and all those who wish to seek knowledge shall be allowed to do so. Those who are unable to seek knowledge because of the influence of others shall be freed from their captors. No one shall be denied to pursue knowledge for any reason. If one does not wish to pursue enlightenment then they are not to interfere with those who do. If those who wish to remain ignorant interfere with the enlightened then they are to be dealt with swiftly so as to minimize their interference.

Solerians made up about 90% of the Viturian Empire while the Ossians were close to the remaining 10%. The main difference was that the Ossians believe that this life must be used to prepare for the next life through meditation whereas the Solerians believe that regardless of what came before conception or will come after death they must seek out and learn as much as they can from this Universe.
Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:19 am

MoTiV wrote:
I must congratulate you on your ability to attract so many devout followers. It is my hope to find one or two such followers to become my Loremaster and Oathmaster.

A good leader Is a good leader. A talent that many wants to possess but few do it with mastery.

MoTiV wrote:
I have read about your politics and religion and I am quite intrigued. It seems as though you reject those who are weak minded and those who seek to keep humanity in chains. Also, you seek to destroy those who keep others in ignorance so that they may hold power over them. These concepts are in agreement with our own.

that, and on top we believe that only the seekers of the Archaeus of God, or the perfect human model are the illuminatti, Us. Every other religion is heretic in our view because it enslaves by false books, Gods and prophesies.

MoTiV wrote:
A bit about our faith.

Throughout the Viturian Empire there were 2 main religions Soleri and Ossi; both of which are branches of an ancient faith called Budhi. The primary concepts of Budhi are that knowledge is enlightenment and all those who wish to seek knowledge shall be allowed to do so. Those who are unable to seek knowledge because of the influence of others shall be freed from their captors. No one shall be denied to pursue knowledge for any reason. If one does not wish to pursue enlightenment then they are not to interfere with those who do. If those who wish to remain ignorant interfere with the enlightened then they are to be dealt with swiftly so as to minimize their interference.

Solerians made up about 90% of the Viturian Empire while the Ossians were close to the remaining 10%. The main difference was that the Ossians believe that this life must be used to prepare for the next life through meditation whereas the Solerians believe that regardless of what came before conception or will come after death they must seek out and learn as much as they can from this Universe.

Enlightment, Budhi, meditation... kindda new age style, are you going to follow a Centaurian line?
Back to top Go down
Karl Steigner

Karl Steigner

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 am

Dune?
Back to top Go down
MoTiV

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:43 am

M Levian wrote:

that, and on top we believe that only the seekers of the Archaeus of God, or the perfect human model are the illuminatti, Us. Every other religion is heretic in our view because it enslaves by false books, Gods and prophesies.

The Viturians do not have a religion, we have faith. We believe that through our pursuit of knowledge and enlightenment we will be able to understand the universe and the reality in which we exist. Some Viturians, the Ossians, believe that there is existence before this life and after death and what we do in each existence is important for each successive existence and therefore our overall existence. We hold no bias on religions unless they impose their ideals on us, this is not tolerated. Time will show these religions to be false and their followers will eventually understand the importance of the principles of Budhi on their own.

M Levian wrote:

Enlightment, Budhi, meditation... kindda new age style, are you going to follow a Centaurian line?

Actually our faith will be based heavily on Buddhism not New Age. There is not enough Official Lore released yet for us to know which Scion we will start with.
Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

MoTiV wrote:
Actually our faith will be based heavily on Buddhism not New Age. There is not enough Official Lore released yet for us to know which Scion we will start with.

You need a set of precepts to define "Enlightenment" and "knowledge" . We for example have the Apocrypha , the book of the bloodveil, the prophesy of the Archaeus of God and the political protocols. What do you have as a reference for your buddhi ideology?
Back to top Go down
coded3st1ny

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Karl Steigner wrote:
Dune?

What a Face

The sleeper has awakened!
Back to top Go down
MoTiV

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:35 am

M Levian wrote:
MoTiV wrote:

You need a set of precepts to define "Enlightenment" and "knowledge" . We for example have the Apocrypha , the book of the bloodveil, the prophesy of the Archaeus of God and the political protocols. What do you have as a reference for your buddhi ideology?

All of this will be laid out in it's entirety when I finish our final website.
Back to top Go down
MoTiV

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:00 pm

I take it from the lack of response that your diplomatic stance of Hostile towards FedCom will remain in place?
Back to top Go down
M Levian

M Levian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:51 am

MoTiV wrote:
I take it from the lack of response that your diplomatic stance of Hostile towards FedCom will remain in place?

Hi, my bad here. Our lady has asked me to take care of closing the diplomatic issues but I've been busy RL as well and stuff.

Are you interested on changing stances with us or remain hostile? Our philosophies can find some points in common although the matter of having religious beliefs on your own could make things difficult.
Back to top Go down
Bryan

Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:03 am

M Levian wrote:
MoTiV wrote:

Hi, my bad here. Our lady has asked me to take care of closing the diplomatic issues but I've been busy RL as well and stuff.

Are you interested on changing stances with us or remain hostile? Our philosophies can find some points in common although the matter of having religious beliefs on your own could make things difficult.

Hostile it is I assume. In my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ludvig Von S

Ludvig Von S

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:08 am

Bryan wrote:
M Levian wrote:
MoTiV wrote:

Hostile it is I assume. In my humble opinion.

Quoting Bryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from FedCom   Greetings from FedCom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from FedCom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crimson Empire :: The Crimson Empire IC :: The Crimson Empire - Diplomacy hall-
Jump to: