The Crimson Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crimson Empire

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Revelations [ Private, adult rate ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Revan Neferis

Revan Neferis

Revelations [ Private, adult rate ] Empty
PostSubject: Revelations [ Private, adult rate ]   Revelations [ Private, adult rate ] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 pm

“So you’re going to tell me your story, like ‘Interview ’?”

“Similar, except that I don't tell stories. I tell facts.”

“Why do you want to tell it? People are still going to be wary of you at the very least – and if they know who you are you will be avoided completely. You’ll be hunted.”

“I am already hunted. My life will be no different. As to why I want to tell it? I’m looking for someone… in particular.”

“An old lover?”

Eyes flashed from the darkness of the shadows, and the figure of a woman became visible with restless stirring. “I might tell you, after the interview has ended,” came the voice. It was clear, proud, but hauntingly quiet.

The reporter, acted as casual as one could in her presence. “On to the story.”

The woman nodded. The reporter unconsciously placed a hand to his chest in subliminal fear. The woman seemed to take no notice, and he watched as her eyes became distant.

The reporter shifted uncomfortably in his chair at this. People knew about the Sovereign's eccentric moods and sudden change of mind. He could see the slip of tongue on her behalf, and she looked at him suddenly with raged eyes. He held his breath as a variety of options crossed her face. She settled on one and forced herself to relax, and her eyes turned to their normal crystalline blue eyes.

“Er, shall we continue?” he said nervously.

The Sovereign considered him for a moment before she spoke. “Yes,” she said quietly, her voice emotionless. “Lets."

“Is it true, about the Empire... No heaven and hell? No God? No devil?”

The Sovereign shook her head. “Not that I have come to believe, no. The poison of one, is the medicine of another. There is no good and no evil. just forces that you use as it fits you better"

“Is that figurative or literal?” he enquired.

“Very literal."

A soft knock issued from the door, causing him to look up towards it. They were here. The Sovereign Royal Black Guards, awaiting.
There is so much more to ask. So much more to be known. But he would have to follow their strict schedule. It wasn't a matter of choice. Merely, survival.
Back to top Go down
Revan Neferis

Revan Neferis

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [ Private, adult rate ]   Revelations [ Private, adult rate ] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 pm

An elegant bouquet of deep-dark red roses lies on the place Revan was sitting.

'Thank you fo such moments of joy. '

The Sovereign smiles lightly to the note signing to her silk servant to tend to the roses. " We may proceed Alain"

The reporter nodded, taking his usual seat and preparing the equipment, his eyes following the slave carrying the flowers. "An admirer Lady Neferis?"

"Perhaps"

"You must have many"

"As many as the ones who wishes me dead. Don't bother trying to access numbers"

"Do you care for them?"

The Sovereign stands up, her high heels echoing at the marble floors, her long fingers perfectly holding an expensive Opus between them "My enemies? yes, they are good for business. No one can prosper without enemies"

"I meant your admirers..."

"I love them, each a special way"

The Sovereign watches the silk slave pouring her a glass of absinthe, the rituals of preparation and consuming the green liquor always enchanting her eyes

"Some would doubt that you are capable of love, Sovereign"

"Some wouldn't"
Back to top Go down
Revan Neferis

Revan Neferis

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [ Private, adult rate ]   Revelations [ Private, adult rate ] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:36 pm

"Follow me Alain. I'll show you the ship but no questions. I'm not in a mood to speak tonight. Make your own notes.""

"A noble ship; inside as well as out, a noble place--a star-vessel in which you incontinently lost yourself if ever you were so rash as to attempt to penetrate its mysteries alone; a labyrinth in which no one room had any sympathy with another, every chamber running off at a tangent into an
inner chamber, and through that down some narrow staircase leading to a door which, in its turn, led back into that very part of the ship from
which you thought yourself the furthest.
Definitely a ship that could never have been planned by any mortal architect, but must have been the handiwork of an eccentric capricious engineer and designer.
Of course, in such a ship there were secret chambers..."

Sovereign?
Back to top Go down
Revan Neferis

Revan Neferis

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [ Private, adult rate ]   Revelations [ Private, adult rate ] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 4:31 am

She eyed the chalice, noting almost absently its deep rich colour and alluring scent. The door clicked ahead of her drawing her attention away from the drink that waited.

There was a rather tragic irony in the being that was Revan Neferis, the woman that carried the sceptre of the Veil, one of the few reborn to seek the archaeus. Here was a bright, charismatic and dangerous woman who could have had any number of futures.

“I believe we have not met”

Revan didn't answer the stranger. Those born and or trained to pick up the aura of a person would clearly be able to tell his aura.

“No, we have not met in person, however; I am aware of all who are within these walls.”

“I see, and who may you be to have such expansive knowledge?” The stranger replied his voice bearing the slight tone of arrogance and superiority.

“If you know not who am I, then you, sir, are not who you claim to be.”

It was an intentional verbal slap in the face, a remark with a slight hint of disdain at the 'sir' meant to degrade Jeserat's belief in his right to the Temple.

The most dangerous of games were games played by ladies and lords. Jeserat believed himself to be the Lord of the Temple by his possession of the Dark Seraph Cross, the only artefact left outside the Bloodveil and not yet conquested by the Sovereign.. By making that claim he was stating that he was the Lord of keys, and that the Temple should obey his every whim. However; the Temple itself was entirely under the Sovereign's control and not even a single servant or officer had ever betrayed her trust.

The near silent war finally paid off, a tick at the corner of the eye, the elevation of a heartbeat as Jeserat began to realize something more. Her eyes did shift colour, from elegant royal blue to glacier. The room grew still, not even the flames of the occasional candle moved. “The power of the veil, surely it has not awoken yet, for I have not reached the Archaeus. So tell me, what power can I expect to awaken when I do it Jeserat...”

“The true power of a Sovereign... Is the Power to Rule. You well know this Lady Neferis."

Revan said not a word, instead she lifted up the chalice and placed it to her lips. Pleased with this revelation she moved on even as she felt a pair of eyes lock on to her from behind.

“And you? Where shall you be when I enter Infinity and return with the Archaeus?”

“I shall be where I have been all this time.”

“Then I shall spare you until then, so that you may give me the Cross of the veil on your knees.” Revan replied her eyes almost aglow with the desire to reach the artefact.

The chalice shattered upon the stone floor as Revan tossed it away without a backwards glance at the fool. “I have business to attend to this evening.”

“I hope you enjoy your 'business' tonight... Sovereign"

"Dulcis parum procer.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [ Private, adult rate ]   Revelations [ Private, adult rate ] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revelations [ Private, adult rate ]
Page 1 of 1